Sunday, July 25, 2010

...and then I woke up...

I remembered waking up very groggy... and having to move beds...

As I came to again, I was trying to think of what time it was, and if they called my mom to let her know that I was alive... :) ( because I am sweet like that!) But the only thing that would come outta my mouth was dry, voiceless scream... you know in your dreams when your about to be killed or hurt and your running, but you're not moving or screaming and nothing is coming out? like that. But much worse... This was real life... and someone was trying to murder me... I could feel everything that they moved on the inside, every cut that they did on the outside, by far the worst experience of my entire life. A nurse then came and told me that they were giving me some morphine for the pain.. and to just wait a minute, Lets call this nurse DEVIL ( which, may be a little harsh, I have a lot of respect for nurses, they get a lot of slack... I do believe this is why nurses sometimes have a bad rap, from nurses like Devil) So, Devil kept telling me to hold on, to hold on, to hold, on, honestly I wanted to punch her in the face hug her, and thank her for giving me some meds to take away the pain. Once that was gone, I went back to sleep... I got woken up to take my blood pressure, which was super high, REALLY HIGH.. (I guess thats normal after an operation) I had an oxygen mask on aswell.. I kept taking it off because it was really annoying, so finally they gave me oxygen in my nose. which was much better.
I kept watching the clock because my surgery was 3-4 hours, and I would be in recovery for 1-2 hours... So by 1-2 pm I would be up in my room with my sister and blake... and I had to pee... bad... real bad.
time kept ticking... and no one was taking me to my room... I guess they didn't have anyone to wheel me up there... ( I know WTF right? in my line of work.. do it yourself, but for whatever reason, they can't) I would ask for more morphine every 1/2 an hour, just so I would never feel that pain again.

Devil comes by and has to draw some blood... this is a very big thing for me, I hate needles and I know where my "good" vein is, I have had trouble giving blood before, and getting iv's usally they have to give iv's to me in my foot. But Devil wouldn't listen to me. She poked me once in my "inner elbow" ... nothing.. poked me again, nothing... poked me again... NOTHING. moved to the inside of my forearm, poked me.. nothing and said "oops. thats going to leave a bruise." I then screamed, another nurse came over, let's call her, Angel. she held my hand. the nurse finally got one on my hand, but it took her 10 pokes. Devil.

I told Angel that I had to pee, and since she had no idea when I would be going to my room, she said that I should use a bed pan... I didn't want too, but what do I have to be ashamed of now? the very handsome Dr. Klein has seen me in the buff, with his surgical team.. so, wtf.. might aswell, and it's not like it's uncommon. So I used the bedpan... and it was ok, I would say not the most embarrassing moment of my life either. The best part is that Devil had to come in to get it. I was really hoping she would spill it on herself.

Quickly after that, Jane, came into see me, but I don't remember much.. until they told me I would be going up to my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment