Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day of...

Well... I usually work at 5am, so having to be up and ready for 5am, isn't a big deal to me, just an everyday occurrence.

So my surgery was scheduled for 8am, at Humber River hospital in Toronto, So we had to be out of my house at 4:28am to pick Jane up at 4:32am and be on our way...

Once we got to the hospital, we were quite early, so we got a really good parking space! We went right up to the 5th floor... I got changed into 2 very stylish gowns, one for the front, one for the back... :) lol... booties and just in-case I had any sex appeal left... one for my head.. LOL.

We waited for a bit, once I got registered the nurse called me back very quickly, to run through all of the pre operation questions, the usual, I am assuming... Last period? any meds? do you drink? do you smoke? do you use street drugs? when was the last time you ate? 3 fucking weeks ago She then told us to go back to the waiting room because they will be taking me downstairs at 7:30... So we sat there for what seemed to be 6 hours... then it was 7:30 and they came and got us... walked us downstairs where I got to meet my anesthesiologist, who was about the size of one of the twins, and super cute and friendly, Jane let her know that I was a nervous nelly and that I was scared of the BURNING when they put the medicine in for you to go to sleep... My nurse came to get me... and took me to a huge white operating room which was very intimidating...big tv screen, lots of lights, tools, nurses... I had to take off my back gown, as I stood there with my ass exposed to the entire surgical team that would be working on me... they ask me to lay down... I just remember thinking that, aslong as I can wake up from this, I will be able to get through anything... she then gave me some gas.. ( I think ) and I remember my doctor, Dr. Klein, coming in and saying a quick "hi".

Thats the last thing I remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment