Saturday, December 5, 2009

WAD: what's after dinner?


Well, I hate to admit it, but I enjoy dessert :-D
Even if it's something simple like yogurt, berries and granola. Pudding, I am easy peasy. I am not very good when it comes to cooking, or baking... So I take the simple approach when it comes to supper, and try to spice it up from there, I have been know to whip up a killer meatloaf, but lets face it, even the sound of "meatloaf" is not appetizing. However, my better half, Blake... You give him a reciepe, it will turn out like the picture... ( So annoying) hahahaha! He is also good with Dessert as well, he can make the lava cakes work, and brownies without burning the edges.
BUT BEHOLD... this simple dessert that I just learned how to make from my sista sista, Cream Cheese Cinnamon Rolls and it is sooo simple and delicious. I plan on making them for our get together next Saturday at the Mommyproject first annual cookie exchange.

here is how to make these dangerous devils.

1 package ( or 8) of pillsberry crescent rolls rolled out and smush the seems together
sprinkle cinnamon all over the dough
spead cream cheese along over cinnamon
sprinkle brown sugar over cream cheese
roll up the dough from one end, to the other
cut it once inch pieces
put on cookie sheet and cook at 375o for 10-13 minutes

in the meantime make some frosting to go on top,
icing sugar, butter and water ... just mix and taste until it tastes and looks good.

... and make a cup of your favourite tea!

end result, Sooooooooooooooo yummie. I had some chocolate whip cream left over from the other day.. hahahahahahahaa I dare you to try them.... you will not be sorry!!

I am pretty sure that these are what heaven is like. For real life.


3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh...everytime you quote Jamie, it makes me smile. Huge. For real life. Xo. MP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm not going to lie.... I'm upset the peanut butter cup cookies won't be making an appearance. Luckily these look so good I may have licked the computer screen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. shannny the peanut butter cup cookies are what i am bringing to exchange

    ReplyDelete