Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ah hooey.

Ah, I am looking into going for a proceedure that is a very highrisk, and very life changing.. However in order to get this done I have to go to a a number of appointments and testing, lucky for me they are all in TORONTO :( ugh, I mean, there is nothing wrong with Toronto, however, I always have to depend on someone else taking me there... Well, I have my sister who is more then willing to help me out with anything I need to go through with this, so that's handy, but I really hate having to be a "bother". So yesterday was my first set of appointments, I had to meet with a dietition, social worker and I had to go to a class on the operation.

First I seen the dietition, She was asking me a number of questions about myself, my eating habits, my portion control, and then she started asking me about the operation and about the different effects this will have on my diet, to tell you the truth, I haven't really done that much research on my own, I mean I start too, and I get side tracked with looking at the before and after pictures!!However my sister Jane, is very smart and a RN, so I know she would not put me up to something that she thought I would not be able to handle. So anyways, the size 2 who has Dietition who obiously has never had any weight issues in her life, and in my opionion probably made fun of people like me... or even the kind of lady who just glares at me like I am the grossest of things she has ever seen... I felt she was very harsh, which, yes. I know that is probably a part of her job but seriously, she couldn't believe that I would consiter having this done when I have left so much unturned, Dr. Poons diet, (never even heard of this) Dr. Berstien, herbal magic, weight watchers, ect... However to be completely honest, they all cost thousands of dollars, I don't have that kind of money... for diets, that as soon as you stop them, you gain in all back! This is something that I can not stop and can use as a tool for the rest of my life so that I can be healthy, always.

The social worker visit went smooth I think, just a lot of questions to make sure I am able to handle all the changes and whatnot, She wanted to make sure I am going to be prepared to loose some of my friends, people who don't agree with what I am doing, she wanted to know how much support I have at home, at work. If my family knows what I am doing, because next christmas will be very different if I am only half the size of what I was this year!

The class... Oh boy, they think that I may not be ready for this, some of the people didn't even know what they are getting, one girl was much younger, and much lighter then I was!! They went over the risk, they went over what will happen to us, and what we are going to be able to eat before and after!

At the end of the day, I felt like poo, however I am still 95% sure that this is what I want, So what's next?? Sleep apnea clinic!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment